Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beauty in the Simple Things


When I saw this dragonfly up close, I thought of lace... the wings are so fragile and beautiful..


and the color of his head...exquisite...



Milk and wine lily.  I have a love/hate relationship with this old monster of a plant..  It is a true heirloom and all old houses have them, BUT.... it is not my favorite..





It has not performed well in the past but now I am thinking it has just been in a really bad mood for lack of water...seeming very happy this year and worthy of some photos....


This, my friends, is a new one for me.  it is called Wolf's milk slime...a fungus that is harmless but oh so interesting.  It popped up over night under my daylilies ..We have had so much rain that there are many little surprises like this in our garden this year...



Just a happy little garden vignette..

coreopsis, crocosmia, smoke bush, and an old cupola from our house's chimney.

What simple beauty have you discovered today?  the world is full of beauty..sometimes we just have to dig a little deeper to find it..


I am joining the parties here this week...please come visit

Inspire Me Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesdays

I would love for you to follow me..Please leave me a comment so I can come visit you too..

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, and lovely flowers.
    I think dragon flys are just the neatest lil creatures, there wings
    are exquisite. Last year while on
    vacation hubby and I freed a lil dragon fly from a spider web, and later in the day when we were sitting out on the porch a dragon fly kept coming and lighting on me, and we wondered if it was the same lil guy
    we freed, cause he certainly did not act afraid of us. Love experiences like that..........and bet you do too...........

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors on that dragonfly could build an entire room or outfit. He truly is spectacular. I have never seen or heard of that lily...it's rather pretty...what is your concern with them? Haven't seen or heard of the fungus either. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mona,
    Your dragonfly is beautiful up close. Such pretty pictures today. The beauty that I found today is.....it is RAINING! It is a rare ocassion for it to rain during a California summer. It was very cool, and I enjoyed it so much.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your POP-UP comments. It makes it alot easier for us to send comments. Wish more of my blog friends had it.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...